Friday, October 23, 2009

Just Books

Today me n N dropped into this new book library 'Just books' on IndraNagar 12th Main road on our way back from the team outing. I should say this place is awesome and their idea is just so cool... As I write even I am wondering what makes them so cool, they are just a library.

I have not seen (m)any good libraries in Indra nagar area in the last 5 years. This one is really a blessing for people like me who need some motivation like a big collection of books to read. They have some rare collection of books. I was sweetly surprised to see the English version of Kalki's Ponniyin Selvan there. The staff were so friendly and kind enough to take requests for books unlike the other famous big ones in the city. They have a cool sensor based book checkout to bypass the long queues and waiting for someone to make an entry. To top it all is the various membership options -- they have a basic plan where one can take 2 books + one magazine at a time, pay Rs.175 as montly fee and 250 as registration. There is a 1000 bucks refundable deposit. They have other options too but I found this one perfect for a slow reader like me. Ooops, i forgot they even deliver books to home. I am just waiting to take pv there to get ourselves registered.

I am so damn excited to get back to reading...

BTW, that remind me I am currently reading "Making It". I will post the review once I am done.
The more I see such places, the more I get enthused about giving life to my own ideas :-)

7 comments:

Ramakrishna Podila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramakrishna Podila said...

I realized somethg in the recent past...
I read lib. books faster than the ones I buy! probably bcoz the due date and fines kinna keep me up and make me go!

Chandu said...

thanks for letting us know. I am going to enroll, otherwise I end up spending more on books!(don't ask me about when will i complete reading them, there is a huge waiting list)

Aarthi said...

@Bobby - Good realization. This library does not have the concept of due dates... Good or bad, I'll soon get to know.
@Chandu - I remember those days when we used to ask everyone around for a good library. BTW, have you enrolled?

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this.. i'll probably take Nidhi there soon n see if she is interested in enrolling...

Aarthi said...

@Prasad - Yep, Nidhi might like it.

الجزار said...





شركة دار الامل
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام