Thursday, February 05, 2009

Running and Catching

Life has become a running and catching game for me in the last few days. My day starts with the alarm ringing and me snoozing... ring...snooze.... in dreams... with school mates... wingies... office people... work.... and suddenly a full blown up pic of my manager's face and then there is no more snoozing or ringing -- I wake up and it is 6:45AM. "What Aarthi, even today u did not get up early, that's really bad", I tell myself and fold the bed. As I walk down, it feels like I enter a totally different world -- the world of 'running and catching' awaits my entry. I feel just like the kiddoo Ishan in the song 'Duniya ka naara Jame raho..' from Taare Zameen Par.

Over the last few days, I have been so much caught in the R&C game - wake up -- prepare brkie (rather help mom) -- pack lunch boxes -- drop mom -- come back -- drop pv sometimes -- come back -- get ready -- courier mom's application forms -- from there rush to office -- !!!halt!!! take a deep breath and relax at office trying to get things work -- gear up to face the rest of the day -- get back home and then it starts all over again -- rush to meet the eye doc -- as if you did not book an appointment, they make you wait and wait -- finally the eye doc asks to visit once again (oh man!! do they ever know how much of running it is for me?? :-( ) -- go home -- make dinner with mom -- have dinner and keep thinking and thinking of the csim project (sheeshh!! when the hell will I pull myself to do it, I need some scoldings from Aruna, else nothing is going to work.) -- clean the dishes -- and am totally exhausted and jus waiting to hit the bed.

I hate this R&C. I want a change -- Nopes, not a vacation, I've had enough of it. Though I get help doing all these tasks , I just feel I am always running to catch up with things. I have not been able to update my blog, read pv's blog post, not been able to sit in peace and close my eyes (sleep not counted here). Anniversary is coming, have not made any plans!!! Have been thinking of trying my hand at glass painting and I have been only thinking. Wanted to clean the water in the aquarium, my fishes are crying everyday, infact they are on a strike, they have stopped eating offlate.

Hey!! But life is not all that bad. I managed to complete many tasks too. Transferred all the saplings to big pots last weekend, attended ACT annual day, got to spend some good time and fun there, completed all the rounds of eye check-up and doc told me there is no need for glasses, managed to take one step towards my new year resolution, made my wish list of gifts for anniversary (very important)......

Its just that I have too little time to do everything. Lemme spend some time to restructure my day. May be I should get up early in the morning to add a few more hours in my kitty.

11 comments:

Ramakrishna Podila said...

and that 5 mintues sleep in snooze mode is a lot more satisfying than 8hrs of it!!!;)

Aarthi said...

Yup yup... It is so heavenly to sleep when the whole world is busy doing something or the other in the morning :)

Prakash Venkat said...

Time is like a butterfly, the more you chase it farther it runs, standstill and it stops for you and sits on your shoulder.
Its also good to count the blessings and account for the things accomplished also as they propel you to accomplish the rest in the list.
All the best for your re structuring process ...

GAYATHRI said...

whooa!!hectic life!i cud feel the pressure readin ur post:)
happy anniversary btw:)

Aarthi said...

@PV - thanq...
@Gayathri - thanx for ur wishes.

SriLakshmi said...

hai aarthi.enjoy the sleep.Dont getup early.In future u may not get this much of time to sleep.This is the time to enjoy any thing.so don't thik to get up early.24-8hours r there to work.

Aarthi said...

:) Thanq aunty.

Anonymous said...

Madame...reading ur blog...i was also caught with the R&C game!! Anyways..all work and no play after college days i guess...now to claim after marriage..But as PV pointed it out correctly - "STOP, RELAX and enjoy the present for a moment"..and life around u seems to be more beautiful:) Advanced Anniversary Wishes dear!!

Aarthi said...

Certainly pavi, am taking a day off tomorrow and gonna break the routine. Thanks for ur wishes da.

Chandu said...

thank god we had blogs...lest moi forget mon amie anniversaire! (as long as u guys don't know french, i need not worry abt grammar :P)

Aarthi said...

Nous savons du français :-) Merci Chandu :-)